TOU

My tutorials are written by me and are the results of my own imagination. Any resemblance to another tutorial is purely coincidental.

Please DO NOT claim any of my tutorials as your own.

You may use my tutorials for challenges but please link to my tutorial on my blog.

You may not translate my tutorials.

DO NOT RIP MY TAGS

If you have any questions regarding my tutorials, please feel free to email me at gwils2007@gmail.com

The supplies for my tutorials are by FTU or PTU designers and were available at the time I created the tutorial. Please contact the designer if you are having trouble downloading from their site.

Thank you.

Followers

Saturday, April 22, 2017

Summer Fun



Supplies:

Tube of choice: I am using a tube by Elias Chatzoudis. Please do not use
his work without a proper license. You can purchase Elias's tubes here.

Scrap kit of choice: I am using summer fun by Rissa. You can get it at Creative Misfits Creations here.

Background pattern created by me.


Right click and save as.

Font of choice: I am using Caribbean Island. This is a FTU font and you can download it here.

On to the tutorial 

Open the background patter as we will be our working image.

Open Life preserver. Edit>copy and close the original.

Paste as a new layer on your working image.

Image>resize 70% all layers not checked.

Select your preserver layer. Using your magic wand, tolerance 0, feather 0.
Click inside your preserver. Selections>Modify>expand by 4 and add a new
raster layer. Open your bubbles. Edit>copy and close the original.
Make sure your new raster layer is highlighted, Edit>paste into selection.
Duplicate>Image>mirror and merge down your layer. Duplicate again, Image>Flip, Image>mirror.
Merge down your bubble layers and move under your preserver layer.

Open your tube, Edit>copy and paste as a new layer. Image>resize
70%, all layers not checked and place in the middle of your life preserver.

Add any elements you like. I used the following:

Sun: resized 70% and moved to the upper right corner. I placed mine under
the preserver layer.

Palm tree: Copy and paste as a new layer. I moved mine to the left side under
the preserver layer.

Sand Castle: Copy and paste as a new layer. Image resize 25% all layers not checked, and move to the bottom right hand side. See mine for placement.

Add any other elements you like. When you are happy with your banner,
select the bottom layer. Selections>select all, Image>crop to selection.

Merge Visible.

Select all, Selections>modify>select selections to boarders.
I used the following settings:
Both sides checked, Anti-alias checked, Border width 4. click ok.

Add a new raster layer and fill with color of choice. I am using #719fae.
Keep selected. Adjust>add remove noise>add noise Random 25% monochrome checked.
Effects>3d effects> drop shadow. I used V/H 1, opacity 100, Blur 1 repeat
the drop shadow but change the V/H to -1. Deselect.

Add your copyright and your name and save as .png. Do not close.

On to the Avatar.

Close your frame layer name and copyright layer. Image>duplicate or shift + D and close your original. Merge visible .
Using your crop tool Width and Height set at 150. See below.


Move the crop box until you find a spot you like and click ok or green check mark.

Image>Mirror.

Select all>selections>Modify>selections to boarders but this time use a width of 3

Add a new raster layer and fill with color of choice. I am using #719fae.
Keep selected. Adjust>add remove noise>add noise Random 25% monochrome checked.
Effects>3d effects> drop shadow. I used V/H 1, opacity 100, Blur 1. 
Repeat the drop shadow but change the V/H to -1. Deselect.

Add your copyright and name or initial and save as png.

I hope you enjoyed my tutorial and I would love to see what you come up with.

Hugs,


Gwils

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search

My Banner

Gwils Creations blinkie 2

Copyright Protected

Copyrighted.com Registered & Protected 
3EQE-FVJ8-DNWF-OT53

I CT for

FDblnk2_byangelsdesignz

2lcy68h

Say Hi

Labels

Blog Archive