TOU

My tutorials are written by me and are the results of my own imagination. Any resemblance to another tutorial is purely coincidental.

Please DO NOT claim any of my tutorials as your own.

You may use my tutorials for challenges but please link to my tutorial on my blog.

You may not translate my tutorials.

DO NOT RIP MY TAGS

If you have any questions regarding my tutorials, please feel free to email me at gwils2007@gmail.com

The supplies for my tutorials are by FTU or PTU designers and were available at the time I created the tutorial. Please contact the designer if you are having trouble downloading from their site.

Thank you.

Followers

Blogs I Follow

Saturday, April 22, 2017

Skull Candy

Well here it is my very first tutorial.  I am so excited.  I hope you like it as much as I enjoyed writing it :)

This tutorial was written by me on August 16th, 2010.  Any resemblance to any other tutorial is purely coincidental.

I used Paintshop X3, but other versions should work.  This tutorial was made assuming you have working knowledge of Paintshop.


Here is what you will need.

Tube:  I am using the wonderful work of Elias Chatzoudis which you can purchase at CDO store here.
You must have a license to use his work.
Or tube of choice.

Scrap Kit:  I am using an FTU kit called Skull Candies you can get the kit at Designs by Vaybs.  Thank you Vaybs for your wonderful work.
Or scrap kit of choice.

Mask: I used WSL mask 209, which you can get at Weescotslass.

Plugins: eye candy 4000 gradient glow (optional as I used it for name and copyright only).

Font:  I used FancyPants or font of choice.

Drop Shadow threw out: H/V 2 Opacity 50, Blur 5, black.

On to the tutorial....Please accept my apologies for any errors as I am still learning :)

Place the WSL mask in your mask folder or folder of choice.

Open a new transparent image 500 x 500.

Open Element 12 (frame) from you scrap kit, copy and paste as a new layer.

Select your magic wand and click inside your frame.  Go to Selections/modify/expand by 3.  Select a paper from the kit, I used paper 7, copy and paste as a new layer.  Go to Selections/invert.  Hit delete then select none.  Move your paper under your frame.

Open your Elias tube or tube of choice,  I used the medium size tube, copy and paste as a new layer above your frame.  Resize your tube by 70% and place in the middle, see mine for placement, the bottom of the tube should just be over lapping the bottom of the frame.  Select your frame layer then select the magic wand.  Click in the center of your frame then Selections/invert.  Select your tube layer then select your Eraser tool.  Erase the bottom overlap of your tube and select none.  You should have a clean line now.

Open element 74 select your bottom layer .  Copy and paste as a new layer.  Move it to the top left hand corner, see mine for placement, then duplicate, flip and mirror.

Open element 55, resize 80% copy and paste as a new layer.  Move this to the upper right hand corner.  Place this layer between your tube and frame.

Open elements 68 & 69, resize 50% copy and paste as a new layer, move it to the bottom left hand corner of your frame.  Duplicate element 68 and move it up, see my example for placement.

Open element 63 resize it 80% and then 80% again, free rotate to the right 25 degrees, copy and paste as a new layer, move it to the bottom right hand corner of the frame.

Select the bottom layer, open a paper of choice, I used paper 10.  Copy and paste as a new layer.  Then open your mask by going to Layers/Load/save mask/ Load mask from disk and use the following settings:  Fit to canvas, source luminance, hide all mask, invert transparency unchecked.  Right click your mask layer and merge group.

Resize your tag by 90%, make sure all layers is checked, then go to canvas size and resize your canvas back to 500x500. This will give you more room for your copyright and name.

Add your copyright and name.  If using eye candy 400 gradient glow for your name I used the following settings.  Glow width 5, soft corners 25 overall opacity 100.  Click on the color tab then select medium click OK. Save as png and your done.

I hope you enjoyed my tutorial.  I would love to see what you came up with.

Hugs

Gwils

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search

My Banner

Gwils Creations blinkie 2

Copyright Protected

Copyrighted.com Registered & Protected 
3EQE-FVJ8-DNWF-OT53

I CT for

FDblnk2_byangelsdesignz

Say Hi

Labels

Blog Archive