TOU

My tutorials are written by me and are the results of my own imagination. Any resemblance to another tutorial is purely coincidental.

Please DO NOT claim any of my tutorials as your own.

You may use my tutorials for challenges but please link to my tutorial on my blog.

You may not translate my tutorials.

DO NOT RIP MY TAGS

If you have any questions regarding my tutorials, please feel free to email me at gwils2007@gmail.com

The supplies for my tutorials are by FTU or PTU designers and were available at the time I created the tutorial. Please contact the designer if you are having trouble downloading from their site.

Thank you.

Followers

Blogs I Follow

Saturday, April 22, 2017

Silent Night



This tutorial was created by me on November 18, 2011.  Any resemblance to any other tutorial is purely coincidental.   This tutorial was made assuming you have working knowledge of PSP.  I am using Coral PaintShop Pro X3 but any version should work.

Supplies
Tube of choice, I am using the wonderful artwork of Elias Chatzoudis, you need a license to use his work.  I purchased this tube at PTE.  You can now purchase Elias's tubes here.

FTU scrap kit called Silent Night by Vaybs.  You can get this gorgeous kit here.  Take a look around Vaybs’s site as she has lots of wonderful things to offer.

Plug ins
Vanderlee: snowflakes
Eyecandy 5 Nature, snow drifts
Eyecandy 4000 Gradient glow (optional)

Drop Shadow
D/S I used 2 2 50 5.
Frame d/s 1 1 100 1.

Let’s begin J.

Open a new image 600 x 250 transparent background.

Open paper 13, Edit copy, click on your new image and click edit paste. Go to plugins Eyecandy 5 Nature, snow drifts on the settings tab click on dusting very light click ok.

Open element 76, edit copy and click on your new image edit paste.  Resize by 80% (make sure all layers in unchecked) and move to the left.  Duplicate, image, mirror.  Duplicate one more time and move to the center.  Merge down x2.  Duplicate your pine needle layer and image flip.  Merge down again.  In your layer palette, right click on the pine layer and go to properties and lower the opacity to 70.

Open the element 21, edit copy, click on your new image and edit paste as a new layer and position it to the left.  (See my tag for positioning).

Open element 20, edit copy, click on your background layer, click on your new image and edit paste. Image resize by 60, once again make sure all layers is unchecked.  Position in the center (See my tag for positioning).

Open your tube, if you are using the same one as I am, click on the tube layer (not closeup),  edit copy, click on your form, make sure you are on the top layer, edit paste as a new layer and move to the right side.  See my tag for positioning.
Add any other elements you like.

D/S your elements and tube.

Close off your tube layer tree layer, clock layer and raster 1 layer by clicking on the eye.  This will leave your pine needle and background layer visible.  Right click your needle layer and merge visible.

Close off this layer by clicking on the eye.  Make your tube layer, tree layer & clock layer visible, right click your tube layer and merge visible.

You should have 3 layers your tube element layer, back ground layer and raster 1 layer.  Delete your raster layer.  Make your background layer visible and make it active.  Go to your crop tool and crop layer opaque.

Still on your background layer, go to select all, modify, and select selections to border size 6.  Click on your top layer and add a new layer.  Pick a color from your tube and flood fill your new layer. I used #5c0c0d.  Still selected go to adjust add/remove noise.  I used uniform 70 anti atlas checked then deselect.  Add a d/s of 1 v/h 100 1 then repeat but change the 1 on v/h to -1.

Select the background border, click on effects, plug ins, VanDerLee snowflakes with the following settings.



Add your copyright, name and save as a png.

On to the avatar.

Your tag should still be in layers in PSP.

Open a new image 150x150.

Copy your background from you tag and paste as a new layer on the avatar layer.

Move it until you have a spot you like.

Copy your top layer of your tag and paste as a new layer on the avatar image.  Move it around until you have your tube showing.  See mine for placement.

Select you back ground layer and crop opaque.
Select your background layer and select all.  Add a new layer and move it to the top.  Select, modify, selections to border size 4 and fill with the same color you used on the banner.

I used 5c0c0d.  Still selected go to adjust add/remove noise and repeat the noise you used on the banner. (The setting should still be the same).  Add a d/s 1 v/h 100 1 and repeat d/s but change v/h to -1.

Add your name and copyright.  Save as ping and your done.

I hope you enjoyed my tutorial.

Hugs,

Gwils

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search

My Banner

Gwils Creations blinkie 2

Copyright Protected

Copyrighted.com Registered & Protected 
3EQE-FVJ8-DNWF-OT53

Say Hi

Labels

Blog Archive