TOU

My tutorials are written by me and are the results of my own imagination. Any resemblance to another tutorial is purely coincidental.

Please DO NOT claim any of my tutorials as your own.

You may use my tutorials for challenges but please link to my tutorial on my blog.

You may not translate my tutorials.

DO NOT RIP MY TAGS

If you have any questions regarding my tutorials, please feel free to email me at gwils2007@gmail.com

The supplies for my tutorials are by FTU or PTU designers and were available at the time I created the tutorial. Please contact the designer if you are having trouble downloading from their site.

Thank you.

Followers

Blogs I Follow

Saturday, April 22, 2017

Octobre Rose

This tutorial was written by me on October 22, 2016. The results are of my own imagination.  Any resemblance to another tutorial is purely coincidental.  

Please DO NOT claim this tutorial as your own.

This was written assuming you have working knowledge of PSP.

Please keep in mind that I write the tutorial as I am creating it.

Sometimes I may not explain properly where to place things so please see my example if you are ever in doubt :)

Supplies needed

I am using PSP X9 but this tutorial should work with any version.

FTU Tube:  I am using an awesome Free tube called "Octobre Rose" created by Lysisange.  Thank you for the fantastic tube.  You can download it from Lysisange's blog here.  

FTU Kit:  I am using a beautiful matching scrap kit called "Octobre Rose" by Lil Mz's Brainstorms.  You can download it from her store here.  You will need to create an account and add it to the cart but it is a free kit :)

Mask:  WSL mask 534.  Created by Weescotslass Creations.  You can download it from her blog here.  Save to your mask folder.

FTU BCA word art.  I am using the word art created by Kim at Creative Misfits Creations.  You can download it here.  Scroll down a bit on the page. Once you unzip it, open in psp and minimize.

Font of choice for you name.  I am using a FTU font called Ribbon of Hope.  You can download it from Dafont here.

Plug Ins:  None

I am using a drop shadow (D/S) of V/H 2, Opacity 50, blur 5, color black throughout the tutorial unless otherwise stated.

Let's get started.

Open a new 600x600 transparent image.

Copy your tube and paste as a new layer.  Image>resize>30%, all layers not checked.  Then go to adjust>Sharpness>Sharpen.  Effects>3D effects>Drop Shadow.  See screen shot below for settings.

Open element 32, copy and close the original.  Select the top layer and resize 80%.

Select the tube layer.  With your selection tool set to the following settings:


Make a rectangle selection around the top of your tube.  You want to make it large enough so when you bring the tube layer up it will not look like it was cut.  See my screen shot below:


Now on your layers pallet on the right side. Right click your tube and promote selection to layer but do not deselect.  Drag the promoted layer above the tube.  If the tube looks seamless select the original tube layer and hit delete now you can deselect.  If it does not look correct (see my tag example) delete the promoted layer and adjust your rectangle selection and repeat.  Remember ctrl + z can be your best friend :).

Still standing on the bottom tube layer, select your eraser tool and use the following settings:


You want to erase the bottom portion of the tube that is showing under the frame.  See screen shot below:


Back to the frame layer.  Using your magic wand (see screen shot below for settings) click inside the frame. 


 Selections>modify>expand and set the number of pixels to 5.

Open paper of choice.  I am using paper 2, copy and close the original.  Select raster 1 and add a new raster layer.  (Layers>New Raster Layer or right click on the layer pallet and add a new raster layer).  Standing on your new layer go to Edit>Paste into selections.  Select none. ctrl + D to deselect.  Add a drop shadow to your frame.  Remember to change the V/H back to 2.

Maximize the word art.  I used hope courage strength.  As all the word art is on one layer, you will need to use your rectangle selection tool to copy the saying you want to use.
I created a rectangle selection around hope courage strength, (see screen shot below) then Edit>copy and back to the working canvas (tag) and selected the top layer and pasted as a new layer.  Add a drop shadow.   You now can close the word art as we will no  longer need it.



Open element 7, copy and close the original.  Select the frame layer and paste.  Resize 35% and move to the bottom left corner so it is under the hope and sign of the word art.  Drop shadow.

Open element 13, copy and close the original.  Select the frame layer and paste.  Resize 80% and move to the bottom center.

Open element 18, copy and close the original.  Select the Pink streak layer and paste.  Resize 30% and move to the left side about 1/2 way up the frame.  See mine for placement.  Drop shadow.  Duplicate this layer and mirror.  Move the duplicate down so you see the white flowers between the word art.

Open element 15, copy and close the original.  Select the pink streak layer and paste.  Resize 30% and move to the bottom center under the word art.  Drop shadow.

Open element 20, copy and close the original.  Select the frame layer and paste.  Resize 50% and move to the right side of the frame about 1/2 way up.  Drop shadow.

Open element 27, copy and close the original.  Select the paper layer and paste.  Resize 40% and move to the left side about 1/2 way up.  Duplicate this layer and mirror.

Open element 6, copy and close the original.  Select raster 1 and paste.  Resize 90% and Drop shadow.

Open element 17, copy and close the original.  Select the top diamond layer and paste.  Resize 25% and move to the bottom right so the bear is peeking out from behind the tube.  Drop shadow.

Open paper of choice.  I am using paper 7, copy and close the original.  Select raster 1 and paste.  Apply WSL mask 534, (Layers>load/save mask>load mask from disk) and merge group.  Adjust>add/remove noise>add noise Uniform selected>noise 25% and monochrome checked.  Click ok.

Add your copyright and name and save as png.

I hope you have enjoyed my tutorial.  I would love to see your results.

Hugs,

Gwils

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search

My Banner

Gwils Creations blinkie 2

Copyright Protected

Copyrighted.com Registered & Protected 
3EQE-FVJ8-DNWF-OT53

Say Hi

Labels

Blog Archive