TOU

My tutorials are written by me and are the results of my own imagination. Any resemblance to another tutorial is purely coincidental.

Please DO NOT claim any of my tutorials as your own.

You may use my tutorials for challenges but please link to my tutorial on my blog.

You may not translate my tutorials.

DO NOT RIP MY TAGS

If you have any questions regarding my tutorials, please feel free to email me at gwils2007@gmail.com

The supplies for my tutorials are by FTU or PTU designers and were available at the time I created the tutorial. Please contact the designer if you are having trouble downloading from their site.

Thank you.

Followers

Blogs I Follow

Saturday, April 22, 2017

Different Shades of Me



Supplies:

I am using paint shop X4 but you can use any version.

PTU Artist: I am using the fantastic artwork of The Hunter. Please do not use his artwork without a proper license. I purchased mine when he had his store.  You now can purchase his tubes here.

Background pattern made by me. Please do not share or use in another tutorial Thank you. 


(right click the image above and save as)

Font: Pristina

Plug ins: Eyecandy 4 Gradient glow (optional). I used it for the name and copyright.

This tutorial was made assuming you have working knowledge of psp.

Ready?

We will be making the banner first then the avatar.

Open a new 600x250 image.

Open my pattern and minimize. Change your forground to pattern and find it in your drop down. Angle 0, Scale 75. See my screen shot.

 

Fill your new image with this pattern. (don't worry about the color as we will change this).

Add a new raster layer and move this to the bottom.

Pick a darker color (but not black or grey) from your tube and flood fill your new raster layer.

Back to your pattern layer and change the blend mode to Luminance Legacy. 

Open your close up tube. Copy and paste as a new layer. Move this layer to the top. Image mirror and move to the right side and down a bit so you see her face.
Change the blend mode to Lighten.

Select your bottom layer and copy your regular size tube. Paste as a new layer.
Depending on the tube you use you may have to resize it and move it around until you find a spot you like. This is the center shadow of your tube. See mine for example.

Select your top layer and paste as a new layer. (your tube is still in your memory). Move down and to the left until you find a position you like and add a drop shadow of choice.

Select your bottom layer and select all> Image>crop to selection.

Back to your top layer.

Add a new raster layer>select all>Modify>selection to border Both sides selected. Anti-alias checked. Width of 4. Fill this selection with the same darker color you used earlier.
Selections>invert. Effects>3d effects>Cutout V/H 0, Opacity 74, Blur 17, color black, fill interior with color unchecked. Select none.

Add your name & copyright (I used pristina for the name with a black gradient glow) and save as png.

Avatar,

Duplicate your form that you just made. (shift + D).

Hide the border, name & copyright layer.

Crop tool with these settings.


Move the crop box until you find a spot you like. Click the green check mark or ok.

Merge visible if it is still in layers.

Add a new raster layer. Select all>Modify>Selections to border> both sides selected, Anti-alias checked, width of 3 and fill with the same color you used previously.

Selections>invert. Effects>3d effects>cutout V/H 0, Opacity 74, Blur 17, color black, fill interior with color unchecked. 

Add your copyright and initial (I used pristina for the initial with a black gradient glow) and save as png.

I hope you enjoyed my tutorial and I would love to see your results.

Hugs,

Gwils

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search

My Banner

Gwils Creations blinkie 2

Copyright Protected

Copyrighted.com Registered & Protected 
3EQE-FVJ8-DNWF-OT53

Say Hi

Labels

Blog Archive